Friday, March 16, 2012

Goals by the end of this weekend: the impossible task.

Alright, I'm amped this particular weekend because my eyes have been opened to the world of particles and materials; and by that I mean I've recently discovered that they're not as difficult to get into as I thought. Hopefully I can get all of my 3D for Games work done on Saturday (not likely, but possible), so that I can devote Sunday almost entirely to learning how to make, pardon my french, fancy-ass particles and swag-ass materials.

Just seeing all of the options, check boxes, and variety of nodes in materials made me never want to learn anything other than the basics when it came to them, but since making materials for my exploding barrels, I see it's not all that bad. Similarly with particles, after breaking it down with Jati and seeing that they're just a few 2D images and animations stacked on top of each other, I've been offered an opportunity to go over the fundamentals of particle making with Jati, and fully intend to take that opportunity. HOPEFULLY this can all go down on Sunday, otherwise I'll have to wait until the workload gets back down to a free-time-having level... which might not happen for a couple of years.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment