Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's been a while... kind of forgot this place existed. Back to posting!

Alright, so, I'm just gonna pretend I never left and skip all of that recap nonsense. Here are some pictures from the realistic environment I'm currently working on, a re-imagining of the Fire Nation palace from Avatar: The Last Airbender. My particular setting is a courtyard in front of the throne room, and as you can see, there's recently been quite a disturbance -- an assault by the Earth Kingdom. This phase you're seeing here is the rough blockout of how the destruction is going to be set up. I'm still working on making rubble pieces, upturned soil, and splintering trees.
And for kicks, here's a close-up of the detail-lighting window I'm using to set up compositions -- you can more easily see the player path I'm trying to project in this one; I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make it read in the textured version.
Take care, -Will

No comments:

Post a Comment