Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reminded of how insignificant I am...

Which is soon to be a daily thing! Now that I've set it up so that my homepage starts randomly on polycount, conceptart, or gamasutra, I'm faced with the daily reminder that I've got to step it up. What exactly do I mean by "it"? Everything, quite simply. It's always been frustrating to have a head full of magnificent, gorgeous ideas for characters, monsters, gameplay mechanics, et cetera, and not have the artistic or technological capacity to bring them to life. Previously, I've just been able to brush it off and say that I didn't have access to what I needed in order to bring my thoughts into being, but now that I'm surrounded by multi-thousand-dollar computers and a slew of professors and classmates to bounce ideas off of, the blame can be placed squarely on me and my lack of initiative.

I believe I suffer from a rare ailment known as "being in college", and thusly cannot force myself to press on after a day's work has been done. I mean, once you spend 6-10 hours in the labs one day, I just can't work up the drive to practice my digital painting or take notes on game design. It simply can't be done! Presently, I'm working on a method that will get even me to go above and beyond the call of duty, and once I'm able to articulate the process into words, I'll post it  here on the internet for all to see. It wouldn't be fair to keep such knowledge to myself, now would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment